Questions frequently asked by our physicians, midwives, nurse practitioners, clinical pharmacists and dentists.
How will CST benefit providers?
CST will deliver a broad range of benefits for our patients, care teams and organizations. Here are some of the benefits that are particularly relevant to providers (physicians, nurse practitioners, midwives, clinical pharmacists and dentists):
- easier access to a more complete patient record and the information you need, including: protocols; decision support tools; alerts; images; labs; and records from ambulatory clinics and outpatient departments across VCH, PHSA and PHC
- remote access to the clinical information system
- less time spent chasing results and charts
- increased ability to provide safe patient care
- easier to collaborate across facilities
- simultaneous access to information, with multiple clinicians able to access the same chart at the same time
- richer data for improved analytics and reporting capabilities to better inform care decisions
Will physicians and providers still be using verbal/telephone orders?
Yes, verbal and telephone orders will still be used in situations where providers cannot input orders themselves or are not able to get to a computer or mobile device.