The Clinical Informatics team plays a critical strategic leadership role, working between VCH, PHSA and PHC, including Lower Mainland Consolidation. This groups serves as lead strategic liaisons between regional programs and specialities, professional practice and other key stakeholders and they provide expert consultative direction to operational, physician, and practice leaders within their designated area of responsibility. Clinical informatics also ensures that leaders understand the clinical transformation, including project drivers, goals and implementation strategy (developed with in collaboration with health organization leaders).
Clinical informatics also covers policy management, governance coordination, domain and data analytics, as well as measurement of outcomes related to key performance indicators set by the project.
The Clinical Informatics team is made up of:
- Clinical Informatics director
- Clinical informatics leads
- Clinical informatics specialists (including site specialists from VCH, PHSA and PHC)
- Policy (including a project manager, librarian and clinical informatics coordinators)
- Evaluation (project manager and analysts)