Design/configuration/validation/testing teams, in collaboration with Cerner and subject matter experts from VCH, PHSA and PHC, are responsible for:
- working collaboratively with colleagues and other teams to gather and verify information;
- developing future state workflows that incorporate the clinical information system, streamline care and support delivery of safe patient care;
- defining requirements (clinical, functional and business) for the new clinical information system;
- configuring content within the clinical information system based upon evidence and Canadian, regulatory and patient safety requirements;
- making design decisions related to configuration of functionality and tools within the clinical information system; and
- contributing to testing and training.
Each team includes a full-time manager or lead, full-time team members from VCH, PHSA, PHC and Cerner, and part-time subject matter experts.