Clinical governance of the CST project is provided by the Clinical Steering Committee (CSC), the Clinical Steering Executive Committee (CSEC) and the Core Clinical & Operations Advisory Team (CCOAT).
Clinical Steering Committee (CSC)
The Clinical Steering Committee provides strategic and tactical clinical leadership and direction to the CST project, ensuring that the decisions made reflect the strategic direction provided by the Project Board.
The CST Clinical Steering Committee areas of responsibility include:
- Championing the vision for transformation and the adoption of CST within the three health organizations;
- Setting the priorities for clinical transformation through: identification of cross- health organization/health organization-specific clinical and operational priorities and related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Reviewing of data related to monitoring of KPIs and providing direction as required;
- Identifying and appointing members of the Core Clinical & Operations Advisory Team (CCOAT);
- Identifying and appointing members of the Specialty Working groups;
- Addressing issues escalated by CCOAT;
- Final sign-off of design packages escalated by CCOAT.
The Clinical Steering Executive Committee (CSEC)
This Committee provides strategic and tactical clinical leadership and direction for sustainment of CST Cerner and provide strategic oversight to the CSC, ensuring a successful transition between project and sustainment.
The CST Clinical Steering Executive Committee areas of responsibility include:
- Create and champion the vision for sustainment within the three health organizations;
- Deliver a shared sustainment model that is collaborative, equitable, and transparent, and that allows for the ongoing optimization of CST Cerner;
- Set priorities for clinical sustainment through: identification of cross- health organization/ health organization-specific clinical and operational priorities;
- Empower health organization staff to improve care delivery, innovate and transform;
- Recommend roles and resources required to support sustainment work.
Core Clinical & Operations Advisory Team (CCOAT)
CCOAT provides clinical leadership and direction to the CST Working Groups and work streams related to clinical and operational recommendations and decisions. The committee ensures consistent alignment with the Key Performance Indicators, determined by CSC, and ensures that the recommendations and decisions support the delivery of the clinical and operational values and outcomes being sought by the Health Organizations.
The CST Core Clinical & Operations Advisory Team areas of responsibility include:
- Championing the vision for transformation, related key decisions and adoption of system within their respective health organizations as acknowledged key respected change agents;
- Ensuring design is in alignment with KPIs;
- Advocating for an overall integrated design that facilitates KPI realization;
- Engaging stakeholders to achieve organizational alignment on key issues;
- Ensuring decision making supports the reduction of variability which allows for improved integration of care;
- Validating integrated topics that impact multiple groups;
- Validating specialty-specific workflows;
- Formalizing decision made on clinical content to ensure consistency across the continuum;
- Addressing issues escalated to them by the Specialty Working Groups.
For more information about CST’s clinical governance, please contact: info@CSTproject.ca