- This Friday, Oct. 15, BC Cancer – Abbotsford and Surrey will go live with the CST Pharmacy Supply Chain module, an important milestone to help us prepare for the new clinical information system at these centres.
- The CST Pharmacy Supply Chain module will replace our legacy systems at these centres and will be used for pharmacy purchasing, receiving, inventory management, and financial reporting functions. This implementation will allow our Abbotsford and Surrey pharmacy staff to adopt the operational software in advance of going live with CST Cerner.
- Thank you to our BC Cancer and CST teams for their incredible work leading up to this implementation.
The benefits of moving to the CST Pharmacy Supply Chain module include:
- Better visibility of and ability to manage pharmacy inventory and operations.
- As each subsequent BC Cancer site goes live with CST, they will have cross-site visibility of pharmacy inventories, which will help with managing stock especially in backorder situations.
- Integration with the Finance Department (PeopleSoft) and automation of manual reporting.
- A new interface between the CST Pharmacy Supply Chain module and PHSA PeopleSoft will replace many manual reporting processes. This will equip the Finance Department with real-time transactional information.