On October 3, 2022 seventeen clinics within Providence Health Care (Providence) started using CST Cerner. This marks the latest group of clinics and services to move to the electronic health record system since it was first introduced to select Providence sites on November 16, 2019.
“Congratulations and thank you to our latest clinic teams for the exceptional work you’ve put in to learn this new system over these past few months, above and beyond your roles as care providers. I would also like to acknowledge the Clinical Informatics Team, CST project teams and the User Readiness Team for their continued leadership and dedication to the project,” said Grant McCullough, Executive Director - Professional Practice & Nursing, Clinical Informatics, in a message to Providence staff.
The latest Providence clinics to go-live with CST Cerner on October 3, 2022 include:
- Crosstown Clinic
- SPH John Ruedy Clinic
- SPH Infectious Diseases Clinic
- SPH Healthy Heart Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic
- SPH Healthy Heart Prevention Clinic
- SPH Contact Dermatitis Clinic
- SPH Urgent Dermatology Clinic
- SPH Dermatology and Rheumatology Clinic
- SPH Medsafe Clinic
- SPH Surgical Dermatology Clinic
- SPH Phototherapy Treatment Service
- SPH Thyroid Clinic
- SPH Women’s Endocrine Health Clinic
- SPH Bone & Osteoporosis Clinic
- SPH Renal Community Dialysis Unit Vancouver
- SPH Renal Community Dialysis Unit North Shore
- SPH Rapid Access Addiction Clinic
Providence is now more connected than ever with more of its sites accessing the patient chart within the same shared system. As a result, patients will experience fewer interruptions in care when they move within departments or between facilities (learn more).
In previous years, Providence successfully rolled out CST Cerner to a long list of clinics and to all of its long-term care facilities, an amazing feat during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic (read more).
The overall number of CST Cerner users is set to increase from ~35,000 to more than ~40,000 with the CST project rolling out to more than 70 facilities across Vancouver Coastal Health, Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care. Learn more: cstproject.ca/aboutcst