The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project is a multi-year initiative to improve the safety, quality and consistency of patient care across Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care. Over 70 facilities will adopt a new, shared electronic health record system that will replace paper charts and a number of existing outdated systems.
Some of the changes patients might see at sites that are now live with the CST Cerner system include:
- New devices, like computers on wheels
- Barcode scanners being used to help safely manage your medications
Expected benefits include:
- Care teams with real-time access to the information they need
- Less time repeating information or undergoing duplicate tests
- Safer medication management process
- Faster access to lab results and medication therapies
Watch “The Future of Clinical Care: Mark’s Patient Journey” to see what health care will look like in the not-too-distant future.
If you have any questions, please email us at info@CSTproject.ca.