The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project is a multi-year initiative to improve the safety, quality and consistency of patient care across Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care. About 40 acute care sites will adopt a new, shared computer system that will replace existing, aging systems. Our focus continues to be providing quality care to patients, residents and their families during this transition.
Some of the changes patients might see include:
- Extra support staff on hand
- New devices, like computers on wheels
- Barcode scanners being used to help safely manage your medications
Expected benefits include:
- Care teams with real-time access to the information they need
- Less time repeating information or undergoing duplicate tests
- Safer medication management process
- Faster access to lab results and medication therapies
Watch “The Future of Clinical Care: Mark’s Patient Journey” to see what health care will look like in the not-too-distant future.
If you have any questions, please email us at info@CSTproject.ca.